The Association of Cancer Physicians
The ACP is recognised by the Royal College of Physicians and the Department of Health as the specialty association for medical oncologists. The executive committee is made up of democratically elected clinicians representing the views and concerns of the membership. Membership of the ACP gives medical oncologists an independent voice in the affairs of the Royal College of Physicians, the Joint Collegiate Council for Oncology (JCCO) and the Specialty Advisory Committee (SAC), who supervise training and accreditation.
Through this, we:
- Promote the views and interests of medical oncologists to the DoH and RCP
- Influence policy on consultant expansion
- Assist in the development of training curricula and the specialty examination
- Participate in NICE appraisals and guideline development
- Encourage the development of best practice to benefit patients
- Support members for National Clinical Impact Awards
If you are working as a medical oncologist, or a trainee, in the UK then we would encourage you to join. Details here.
Advances in Biotherapies Workshop