ACP Teaching Webinars
The ACP is holding a series of monthly webinars, aimed primarily at trainees and clinical research fellows in medical oncology, however all ACP members are welcome to join. The webinars will be recorded and will be available to ACP members following the event.
The webinars are sponsored by Pfizer Ltd. who have had no input into the programme or influence on the agendas or speakers
Webinars are usually scheduled for the third Tuesday of each month, starting in October 2020, and being held on Zoom from 6-7.30pm.
The recordings for the webinars are available in the new ACP online library, published by EBN Health. This publication platform also includes the multi-award-winning Problem Solving in Oncology series of titles and is a great educational resource, available free of charge to all ACP members. Full details, including how to register, here.
20th October 2020 – Breast Cancer
- Dr Judy King (Royal Free) - Overview of adjuvant and neoadjuvant systemic therapies in early breast cancer
- Dr Alicia Okines (Royal Marsden) - Updates in the systemic management of advanced breast cancer
17th November 2020 – Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Dr Charlotte Benson (Royal Marsden) – Recent developments in soft tissue sarcoma
- Dr Adam Dangoor (Bristol Royal Infirmary) - An overview of SACT for soft tissue sarcoma
15th December 2020 – Medical Oncology Curriculum 2021 Updates
Full recording of webinar here.
- Dr Jackie Newby (Royal Free)
- Dr Satinder Jagdev (St James’ Hospital, Leeds)
19th January 2021 – NSCLC
- Dr Tim Benepal (St George’s Hospital) – Overview of SACT (including chemo and immunotherapy) in advanced NSCLC
- Professor Samreen Ahmed (Leicester Royal Infirmary) – Overview of molecular drivers and targeted therapies in advanced NSCLC
16th February 2021 - Upper GI
- Dr Richard Turkington (Queen's University, Belfast) - An overview of SACT for the management of early stage oesophageal cancer
- Dr Lizzy Smyth (Addenbrooke's, Cambridge) - An overview of SACT for the management of advanced oesophageal cancer
16th March 2021 – Wellbeing and Resilience
- Dr Susana Banerjee (Royal Marsden) - An introduction to wellbeing and resilience for the oncology workforce
- Dr Jon Lim (The Christie) - What have we learnt from the COVID-NOW study?
- Dr Claire Hardy (Lancaster University) - Personal wellbeing and ways to help
20th April 2021 - Genomics
- Dr Terri McVeigh (Royal Marsden) - Germline cancer genomics
- Dr Ellen Copson (University of Southampton) - Somatic cancer genomics
- Genomics Education Programme Demonstration of GeNotes
18th May 2021 - Acute Oncology (joint webinar with RCR)
Full recording of webinar here.
- Acute Oncology in the UK, where we are and where are we going?
- Acute Oncology in the new curriculum
- Acute Oncology Services - Case examples from across the UK
15th June 2021 - Renal and Bladder Cancer
- Prof Thomas Powles (Barts) - Perioperative therapy in renal and bladder cancer
- Dr Balaji Venugopal (Glasgow) - SACT in advanced renal cancer
20th July 2021 - Lymphoma and Stem Cell Transplantation
- Dr Adam Gibb (Christie) - Updates in high grade B cell lymphoma
- Dr Beth Phillips (Christie) - Principles of Stem Cell Transplantation
17th August 2021 - Skin Cancer
- Dr Heather Shaw (UCLH) - Malignant melanoma: systemic therapy in the adjuvant and metastatic settings
- Dr Joe Sacco (Clatterbridge) - Skin cancers: the rarer subtypes
26th October 2021 - Breast Cancer
- Dr Sacha Howell (Christie) - Preventive therapies
23rd November 2021 - Immunotherapy Toxicities