LCA Acute Oncology Guidelines App improves management of cancer emergencies
The London Cancer Alliance (LCA), in conjunction with CW+ (the charity for Chelsea and Westminster Foundation Trust) has supported the development of an app containing the LCA Acute Oncology Guidelines, which can assist clinicians to better manage patients who go to hospital with a new cancer diagnosis or with complications resulting from their treatment or diseaseWhile useful for all areas of healthcare, the app is of particular use to those working in acute oncology, emergency and acute medicine departments.
The clinical content covers all oncology emergencies as defined in the National Cancer Peer Review measures (2014), including locally agreed guidance on management of neutropenic sepsis in adults and information on the assessment and management of metastatic spinal cord compression (MSCC) aimed particularly at acute admission through A&E.
The LCA Acute Oncology Guidelines App, available in both iPhone/iPad and Android versions, allows for automatic updates without the need for the user to connect to the app store.
The app costs £8.99 for an individual outside of the London Cancer Alliance. For organisations interested in multiple licenses, or for institutional or enterprise versions of this app, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To access the iOS version please click here.
To access the Android version please click here.
- ￼￼￼￼￼The London Cancer Alliance is an integrated cancer system that works collaboratively with its 15 NHS provider organisations, as well as with two academic health science networks and the voluntary sector, to ensure its local population has equitable access to world-class cancer services. For more information go to: www.londoncanceralliance.nhs.uk
- The LCA Acute Oncology Clinical Guidelines were originally developed by the LCA AOS pathway group, led by chair Dr Tom Newsom-Davis, consultant oncologist at Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- As well as the guidelines, the app includes a comprehensive directory of round the clock contact information for services across the LCA, which can be tailored to include details of oncology unit experts local to any hospital or NHS Trust.
- ￼CW+ is the charity for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust. CW+ exists to make care better for patients and their families through pioneering innovation, research, art and design. The LCA Acute Oncology Guidelines App was developed as part of the charity’s ‘Enterprising Health Partnership’, a social investment programme with the hospital which supports innovative ideas from staff which can make a real difference to patients’ lives. For more information go to: www.cwplus.org.uk/ehp
- The LCA and CW+ work in partnership with digital medical specialists Imagineear Ltd, which co- developed and produced the app, and are also co-investors.